Welcome to Star Castle Fiber Mill. Making beautiful alpaca yarn since December 2003.
2015 has been a busy year so far for us. Lots of fiber coming in and yarn going out.
WOW!!! Star Castle Fiber Mill and Farm, LLC was slecelted by the Saif Corperation (one of Oregon's Workers Comp Insurance Companies) to be in the calendar for 2015. The photo shoot was in July 2014 and we had a great time, the day was perfect. The calendars are great and we here at the mill couldn't be happier. There will be a poster of the pictures they used with me at the shows. Come by and take a look.
On July 1st if 2014, 3 new boys arrived to join my small herd of 4 to made a total of 7 alpaca now. Check out the picture on the farm page and paca pix.
Check out the picture of the improvements from summer 2013 on the What's New page.
° Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival September 26-27, in Canby, OR at the Clackamas County Fairground
I travel to the Portland area and to California on a regular basis. If you want a pick up of fiber, please send an e-mail or give me a call.
° Coming to the South Coast for a visit? Call ahead and we can arrange for a private tour of the Mill. You'll understand why people are amazed when they see our machines and learn how we process your fiber.
°Haven't had much time to write on the blog. Been posting picture on my facebook page when I can.
° For 2015, I will continue our Preferred Customer Program. For more information, see What's New.
Want to save money?|
° Save on shipping by sending samples and compacting.
° We spun some very fine yarn for a customer at 30 wraps/inch (Huacaya) and 32 wraps/inch (Suri).
° We dyed 11 custom colors for one customer order. (Click picture to enlarge)->
Star Castle Fiber Mill and Farm, LLC is a custom Fiber Processing Mill that creates Yarn, Roving, Batts, or Felt from your Alpaca or Llama fleece.
- We return your own fleece to you (in yarn or roving or felt sheets). Your fiber will not be blended with another customerís fiber.
- We process each animalís fleece individually. We will only blend your animals together if you request it.
- We process small lots. There is no minimum lot size. If a lot is less than one pound, we charge as if it were one pound.
- We create 100% Alpaca Yarn and 100% Llama Yarn.
- We do custom orders the way you want. We can create yarn in various weights, as well as roving or batts or felt sheets. If you want a fleece processed two different ways (e.g. some yarn, some roving), blends of several different animals (including mixed colors), blends with specialty fibers, processing pre-dyed fiber, spinning from already carded roving, etc. Ė just ask!
- We can help you choose the optimum processing for each fleece (if you wish), based on its unique qualities.
- We accept VISA®, MasterCard®, and American Express.
- We can give group Classes, Workshops, and Fiber Talks. More...
Star Castle Fiber Mill and Farm, LLC is a small fiber mill, located on my Alpaca Farm in Coos County Oregon.
We turn this...
[Top of page]
For more information, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (541) 396-6416.