Welcome to Star Castle Fiber Mill. 2013 has been a very busy year.
Lots of fiber to process and many improvements on the farm.
Thank you for letting us play with your fiber.
Check out the picture of the improvements this summer. What's New.
No Shows until next year, see you then.
° Travels: I travel to the Portland area and to California on a regular basis. If you want a pick up of fiber, please send an e-mail or give me a call.
° Lots of work is happening on the farm this summer. New well, new barn, new fencing and pastures. Take a look at the pictures on the What's new page. What's New.
° Check out the new blog titled: "Another hilarious true story: The Pin Drafter Repair" What's New.
° For 2013, I will continue our Preferred Customer Program. For more information, see What's New.
Want to save money?|
° Save on shipping by sending samples and compacting.
° We spun some very fine yarn for a customer at 30 wraps/inch (Huacaya) and 32 wraps/inch (Suri).
° We dyed 11 custom colors for one customer order. (Click picture to enlarge)->
Star Castle Fiber Mill is a custom Fiber Processing Mill that creates Yarn, Roving, Batts, or Felt from your Alpaca or Llama fleece.
- We give you back your own fleece (in yarn or roving). Your fiber will not be blended with another customerís.
- We process each animalís fleece individually. We will only blend your animals together if you request it.
- We process small lots. There is no minimum lot size. If a lot is less than one pound, we charge as if it were one pound.
- We create 100% Alpaca Yarn and 100% Llama Yarn.
- We do custom orders the way you want. We can create yarn in various weights, as well as roving or batts. If you want a fleece processed two different ways (e.g. some yarn, some roving), blends of several different animals (including mixed colors), blends with specialty fibers, processing pre-dyed fiber, spinning from already carded roving, etc. Ė just ask!
- Our fiber experts can help you choose the optimum process for each fleece (if you wish), based on its unique qualities.
- We accept VISA®, MasterCard®, and American Express.
- We can give group Classes, Workshops, and Fiber Talks. More...
Star Castle Fiber Mill is a family owned small business, located on our Alpaca Farm in Coos County Oregon, and managed by an experienced and skilled Fiber Artist, Barbara Simpson.
We turn this...
[Top of page]
For more information, email us at: email@example.com or call: (541) 396-6416.