Welcome to Star Castle Fiber Mill. 2014 has been busy already.
We are CELEBRATING our 10th year of processing this year (actually birthday was last December).
We had a great spring show season. Got to chat with lots of friends and made new ones.
Check out the picture of the improvements from last summer on the What's New page.
Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival September 27-28, in Canby, OR at the Clackamas County Fairground
° Workshop: I will be giving a workshop on wet felting on June 14at Sierra Rose Alpacas in Grass Valley, CA. If you want to attend contact Cynthia at email@example.com
° Travels: I travel to the Portland area and to California on a regular basis. If you want a pick up of fiber, please send an e-mail or give me a call.
° Coming to the South Coast for a visit? Call ahead and we can arrange for a private tour of the Mill. You'll understand why people are amazed when they see our machines and learn how we process your fiber.
° Lots of work is happening on the farm this summer. New well, new barn, new fencing and pastures. Take a look at the pictures on the What's new page. What's New.
° Check out the new blog titled: "Another hilarious true story: The Pin Drafter Repair" What's New.
° For 2014, I will continue our Preferred Customer Program. For more information, see What's New.
Want to save money?|
° Save on shipping by sending samples and compacting.
° We spun some very fine yarn for a customer at 30 wraps/inch (Huacaya) and 32 wraps/inch (Suri).
° We dyed 11 custom colors for one customer order. (Click picture to enlarge)->
Star Castle Fiber Mill and Farm, LLC is a custom Fiber Processing Mill that creates Yarn, Roving, Batts, or Felt from your Alpaca or Llama fleece.
- We return your own fleece to you (in yarn or roving or felt sheets). Your fiber will not be blended with another customerís fiber.
- We process each animalís fleece individually. We will only blend your animals together if you request it.
- We process small lots. There is no minimum lot size. If a lot is less than one pound, we charge as if it were one pound.
- We create 100% Alpaca Yarn and 100% Llama Yarn.
- We do custom orders the way you want. We can create yarn in various weights, as well as roving or batts or felt sheets. If you want a fleece processed two different ways (e.g. some yarn, some roving), blends of several different animals (including mixed colors), blends with specialty fibers, processing pre-dyed fiber, spinning from already carded roving, etc. Ė just ask!
- We can help you choose the optimum processing for each fleece (if you wish), based on its unique qualities.
- We accept VISA®, MasterCard®, and American Express.
- We can give group Classes, Workshops, and Fiber Talks. More...
Star Castle Fiber Mill and Farm, LLC is a small fiber mill, located on my Alpaca Farm in Coos County Oregon.
We turn this...
[Top of page]
For more information, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (541) 396-6416.